Who provides municipal services in H2? For Palestinians? For Israelis?


Officially, all the municipal services in H2 are provided by the Palestinian Authority.

Roads are maintained by the municipality or the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee; in closed areas, special coordination is allowed for Palestinians to enter to do maintenance. All residents’ electricity is provided by Israel; for Palestinian residents, the electricity comes from Israel via the Palestinian Authority. Israeli settlers get water piped in through the settlement of Kiryat Arba while the Palestinian residents of H2 receive their water through the Palestinian Authority, which purchases it from Israel. Garbage collection is the responsibility of the Palestinian Authority, but during the most violent periods of the second intifada Israeli settlers collected their own garbage.